PDA

View Full Version : Key disk with XP OS

John Hunter
12-31-2003, 04:38 PM
I've had pl4.0 for a few years now on my NT machine.
I recently upgraded to a new computer with XP home edition; when I attempted to install Pathloss 4.0 on it, I received this error message: ?The disk in drive A: is not formatted properly. Please check the disk and reformat if necessary.?

I re-installed this back on my NT machine and Pathloss worked fine. Is my key disk formatted to work on XP? Also, XP would not support 12 bit FAT partitions on my key disk. It said I must upgrade to 16 Bit FAT, FAT32 or NTFS file system.

Please help.

Matt Edwards
01-18-2004, 07:38 AM
I know this won't answer your question directly, But I have installed my PL4 on both Win98 and Win XP boxes.
I had no problems.
I upgraded the whole hardware not just the OS.
Cheers
Matt

jad
03-29-2004, 06:00 AM
We too have encountered the same. In our case, we were able to initialize and work with PL4. Howerver, the problem comes when we UN-initialize the program. It is like PL4 or Windows XP cannot detect the floppy disk or it requires the floppy to be formatted.

Can somebody from Pathloss or CTE answer this?

Thanks.

Chris Gullett
03-30-2004, 08:30 PM
Is this a USB floppy drive? If it is you may see there is a "Continue" button in the dialog box. This is a bug. It has been fixed in newer versions of the program. You can also keep clicking "Continue" until the initialization completes.

Aaron
04-08-2004, 02:38 AM
I had the same problem. If you install the latest update and then initialize you will have no problems - even with a USB floppy drive.

Pierre THOMAS
06-22-2004, 06:24 PM
I confirm that the right procedure is:
1- install PL4-0
2- run the last Upgrade of PL4-0
3- then run PL4 and initialize it using a USB diskette driver

Best regards.

Novi
09-06-2004, 04:40 AM
Novi, I am not too sure what you are asking. The key disk is the setup disk that came with Pathloss.

In my case, I had no problems with the Key Disk.

When installing it on my laptop, I had to buy a new USB floppy drive ( in my case it a Le Crie worked fine)

If your Key disk is corrupt, as my previous company's disk was on a couple of occassions, I have found the people at CTE to be very helpful in replacing the faulty disk.

Matthew

Novi Rudianto <Novi@xl.co.id>
To:<matt_edwards@mac.com>

Date: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:25:41 AM EST

Subject: Key disk with XP OS

Hi Edwards,
How do you know the key disk with XP OS?
I hope that you can give me an information because I had loss 2 licenses of Pathloss.
Thank you for your attention.
Regards,
Novi

?