PDA

View Full Version : Revise Antenna Heights ???

daniel4584
11-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Dear All, :)

In Antenna Heights module, whenever I try to use Optimize function, a message appears "Revise antenna heights?". If I choose "No", my new antenna heights can not be saved even thought I try to save PL file.

So what is "revising antenna heights" ? What will happen if I choose "Yes"?

If I try to change antenna height in Summary module, that message doesn't appear.

Thank for reading my topic!

zaki
11-05-2008, 04:21 AM
Optimize option will reduce the antennae heights on both ends to a minimum level where the Line Of Site is just OK.so why we use it...? it helps us to eliminate/reduce the multipath, thus increasing the link availability. several secondary uses for this option are also possible. Extreme care should be taken in working with this option as factors like vegitation, average building height and terrain database resolution plays decisive roles.

daniel4584
11-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Optimize option will reduce the antennae heights on both ends to a minimum level where the Line Of Site is just OK.so why we use it...? it helps us to eliminate/reduce the multipath, thus increasing the link availability. several secondary uses for this option are also possible. Extreme care should be taken in working with this option as factors like vegitation, average building height and terrain database resolution plays decisive roles.

Thank for your reply!

But whenever I use optimize function, I can not save my antenna height. So that means problems of my PathLoss software?

zaki
11-10-2008, 11:04 AM
i didn't understand.. what u mean exactly by "SAVING MY ANTENNA HEIGHT".. if you mean the revised antennae height (obtained by using the optimize function), then whenever you change your module to worksheet, a pop-up will verify if you want to revise antenna height or not. If you choose yes, the "OPTIMIZED" antenna heights will chosen(now you need to save the .pl4 file) and if you choose No, the "OPTIMIZED" antenna heights will be discarded and your antennae heights will revert back to previous heights(you do not need to re-save the .pl4 file again if it already exists). If problem persists, Please explain this issue a bit more for my understanding.