PDA

View Full Version : How to check LOS by 3D Map on Pathloss 5

k_suntti
02-24-2010, 09:56 AM
I upgrade from Pathloss4 to Pathloss5 because need to use Pathloss 5 pre-check LOS as web Pathloss5 photo show, which I have attached.

Mention to this I would like to know how to do that step by step because no any detail regarding this in Pathloss 5 web sites

k_suntti
03-05-2010, 02:56 PM
I don't know why no any reply :confused:

or PathLoss5 not really have this feature if my doubt is correct please let's me know because I would stop to order new license.

mwehmeyer
09-20-2010, 06:27 PM
It supports it but I am not that impressed with the way it looks, way too blocky and not high enough resolution. I have not been able to recreate anywhere near as good images as was used in the marketing material. There aren't many options to tweak so I am left wondering if the program really works as they advertised it?

Louis Hayworth
09-21-2010, 05:18 PM
It works just fine . It all depends on the data you have for the dem , rastor and vector files that represent the the terrain and obstructions. Besides if you want a Mona Lisa go to the museum. If you want a high resolution picture. Get high resolution data. I have been using Pathloss for years but its the same with any engineering program.

Garbage In Garbage Out......

Regards to all.....

Louie......

mwehmeyer
09-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Louis,

I used 1/3 ARC second data and the elevation / topographic images are good but a bit fuzzy in the Terrain Viewer app, the actual links that are drawn by the software are the main issue. The link and Fresnel zone look very choppy. What it reminds me of is when you do a render an elevation backdrop and then zoom in, things get pixilated. Usually in the regular window you can just click the elevation backdrop button again and it will render a clearer image, but unfortunately that is not an option in the 3d Terrain View App...at least from what I can see, is it possible to 'sharpen' the image inside the terrain viewer app?

k_suntti
10-17-2010, 05:35 PM
I use hgt map file not work for 3D anyone have any suggest, how to solve:o ?