PDA

View Full Version : Terrain background and network are offset

Lilian Lisasi
09-08-2003, 08:49 AM
Hi,

Can anyone help me in this problem, I want to generate a terrain background using Tanzania digital Map (Odessey-UTM)of resolution 100m or 200m. What I get is that the background generated is off-set from the network map by about 6 degrees (that is the background is placed on the left side and the network on the right side). However, if I use the GTopo30 global 30sec map everything is ok. Please help me I'm really stuck.

Regards,

Lilian

Vic Rhys-Williams
09-08-2003, 02:39 PM
Hi Lilian;

I have been experiencing a similar problem using Planet data with Terrain View and believe this is a program software problem as we have sofar been unable to get fix from Pathloss. You can follow the previous correspondence as listed on the bulletin board under Terrain View.

Cheers,

Vic R-W

Antonius DH
09-08-2003, 07:45 PM
Hi,

I am confused about Lilian's problem. Is it about displaying the ?Terrain View? {function: ?Shift+LeftClick+Drag?} or displaying the ?Terrain Background?.

If Lilian is discussing that the background is shifted 6 degrees, I think this is related with the terrain background and the UTM Zone setting. As we know, that increasing/decreasing the UTM Zone by 1 zone is equal to increasing/decreasing by 6 degrees (West or East).

1 UTM zone = 6 degrees

There must be a mismatch between Pathloss map projection setting and the digital map projection data. Try to use Specified UTM zone in the Terrain Database, put the number and the hemisphere (e.g. 48S), and then try to change the number by +1 (e.g. 49S) or -1 (e.g. 47S). You will see the difference.

This setting should be done also in the Backdrop setting in the Map Grid module.
I hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,
Antonius DH

Lilian
09-15-2003, 11:17 AM
Hi Antonius,

Thanks alot it worked after following up your advise.

Regards,

Lilian