Pathloss User Forums  

Go Back   Pathloss User Forums > Pathloss Forums > Pathloss Users Forum

Old 07-08-2003, 10:23 AM
PACIFICO "JHUN" CALUGAY PACIFICO

Hi,

1. I tried to do the interference calculation but I keep on getting this message "0 valid TX records - 0 valid RX records". How and where can I get these records?

2. Though according to the manuals, I must have the following;

a. I reckon that the Pathloss Data file that is referred to in the manual are th PL4 files which obviously I have created already.

b. Is the antenna code in the Pathloss Data File mandatory? If so how do I create those?

c. Likewise, on the worksheets, I have calculated up to the level of receive signal calculation as required.

d. Call signs are also assigned.

e. I have also assigned the corresponding Frequency channel arrangements.

To cut the long story short, I have followed the minimum conditions stipulated in the manual under Interference page 2 of 19.

Can you give me an advice on how to tackle this problem? It seems easy but I can't figure it out.

Many thanks.

PACIFICO

Old 07-09-2003, 01:54 PM

>b. Is the antenna code in the Pathloss Data File mandatory? >If so how do I create those?

Antenna code is mandatory. Please read manual. It explains how to make antenna file (Article: Data Files). Please read article Summary SDB too. Question: did you configure directories of Antenna files and Radio files?

If you see red cross in the right bottom corner of Pathloss Summary module then something is missing. Click on that icon. You will get an explanation.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:15 PM
Ian

In spite of what the Manual says, you have to import all the Links you want to do the Analysis on regardless of whether they are all on a visable layer.

Under the Network Module, click Site Data, select Site List.
Once you have the Site List Table, click Import and select Pathloss files you want to form the Interference Analysis. This should give you a Window where you can point to the required pl4 Links Files (provided you have created them already). You can select multiple Files together. Double check by looking at the Link List.
You should be able to carry out the Analysis now.

good Luck

Rgs

Ian
Old 07-22-2003, 12:38 PM

Default INTERFERENCE CALCULATION

Just in case you are still in this interference calculation dilemma, "0 TX records - 0 RX records" means
you have not properly satisfied or fully described the antenna that you are using - meaning there are no records for this, or there is nothing to interpret. Remember when you were performing interference calculations before on paper, you actually have been referencing with the antenna specs. such as the ever important antenna discrimination (HH, HV, etc.). Having said this, the antenna look-up file you've created or the Code you've typed in the SUMMARY module is useless!

Solution:

1. Know the antenna, what vendor, create one.
2. Either create an *.adf file or search the equipment list of the Pathloss 4.0 program cd if there are antennas.
Summary module extracts Code from it to be displayed on the screen. If you've manually enter the code then it is useless, it will only be displayed but won't signify anything pertinent to your interference calculation objective.
3. Follow Ian's procedure of creating your topology.
4. Click on the links and select SUMMARY Module.
5. On Summary Module, go to Equipment tab select Antenna index, point to the directory or folder that contains the *.adf file for the selected hop/link.
6. If you have 50 or more links to analyze and perform the INTRA-SYSTEM interference calculation, then have patience on reviewing each *.pl4 files you've created to make sure each one is pointed to the specific *.adf file.
7. For your radio equipment, the Lookup table is fine provided the data pertinent to Interference Calculation are there such as: Rx signal at 10-6 BER, radio/traffic codes, etc.
8. Be sure to map or create a directory/folder for your interference calculation, if possible move all the *.pl4 to this folder then perform Ian's procedure.
9. To further help you troubleshoot, always use the View Error Log option under the Interference tab.

Good luck! Let me know.

Old 09-25-2003, 09:41 AM
jj

how did you enter the frequency channels?
try going to PL4 website and download the antenna codes. this is necessary for your calculations.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:55 AM
Abdul Durrani

Default Radio T/I Curves

Please check if you have the right T/I curves for the radio your using.

Old 12-09-2003, 03:42 PM

wala lang nakisali lang ako...
Old 06-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Romantiko

He he he... Mabuhay ka Moises, puro ka kalokohan.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:57 AM

Default Inteferrence Calculation

Hi,

In this case you need to check the update inforamation of your pathloss file,

You need to download the last version and upgrade your PL4,

I phase this problem before, and I do this ways, now it is workking ok,

Thanks,
PPR