Pathloss 5.1 - Revision history
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date November 28, 2022
- Support for multi monitor displays. Frame windows will now remember their last position across monitors. Other windows and dialog boxes will be positioned relative to their parent window.
- Added a draggable title bar to measure cursor results dialog.
- Fixed crash in diffraction module when setting Isolated Obstacle radius manually.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date October 12, 2022
- Modified antenna discrimination algorithm to follow method described in TIA-10 (TR45 Working Group) by George Keizer and Will Perkins https://pathloss.com/webhelp/patch_notes/Version_6.00.17.htm
- Added safeguard to prevent crash when adding invalid radio data using Link Designer.
- Fixed bug that under certain conditions set the diversity receive fade margin incorrectly when adding space diversity on a ACM link
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date April 21, 2022
- Corrected some potential problems in interference calculation if ACM radio files are not found in index.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date April 7, 2022
- Modified .gr5 save routine to better handle errors and eliminate the possibility of data corruption.
- Slight change to ACM radio file read to preserve the order of modulation states that have identical receiver thresholds.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date March 31, 2022
- View Local and Area Study details will now work with much larger studies.
- Error handling improvements with local studies.
- Fixed potential for corrupted network file when Study Detail View fails on large studies.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date February 24, 2022
- Link text import fix. Max and Min modulation can now be the same value to import with 1 active state.
- Fixed small bug when importing BIL files that do not have a no-data-value defined. The no data value could be inconsistent across multiple files.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date February 1, 2022
- Fixed problem in grid control windows (Site List, Radio Index, etc.) that would not draw full display if columns were resized very wide.
- Fixed Transmission Summary and Detail reports that could show ACU parameters that are not relevant for the antenna configuration.
- Transmission Detail Report now takes in to account all data fields when determining column sizes.
- Link Text Import of ACM radio files: The TX_Power value is now used when importing links that use ACM radio files. If import columns are defined for both radio_code and TX_Power then the .pl5 Link File will have the User Power of all modulation states set to the provided level. The level is still limited to the maximum power level for that state as defined in the radio file.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date December 21, 2021
- Fixed handling of Unicode characters in filenames when importing\converting radio and antenna data files.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date November 27, 2021
- Fixed problem with Pathloss asking to save GIS files and Network files with no apparent changes.
- Fixed Multipath Reflective Plane Variable Window. Control panel now initializes properly for all calculation types.
- Fixed problem with path inclination in ITU530-6/8 when testing with no path profile.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date October 4, 2021
- Added button in radio and antenna indexes to export table to CSV.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date June 17, 2021
- Fix to co-channel interference calculation that would under-report co-channel threshold degradation for high thermal fade margins states.
- Fix to Find Sites in Network (Ctrl-f) operation that could fail with large numbers of sites.
- Small change to AntRad handling of GUNITS tag. (Case insensitive and defaults to relative curve definition if not specified)
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date May 18th, 2021
- Added support for ETRS89 (European Terrestrial Reference System 1989)
- Small fixes to MDB
- Small fixes to some ACM operations including one crash fix.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date April 29, 2021
- Added "Find site" operation from network display. Use Ctrl-F keyboard shortcut or "Operations - Find Site" from the main menu. Type characters to filter matching sites by sitename or callsign. Press enter to center display on found site. This operation does not consider sites that are hidden due to group visibility setting.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date April 6, 2021
- Added extra fields to Google Earth export. (ACU Configuration, and Station, Owner, and Operator code.)
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date March 22, 2021
- Fix to how power options are handled in an ACM file when the TXRX button is clicked in the transmission analysis radio worksheet. Previously if there were different radios at each site, this option would force the same radio at both sites. With this fix the power options are correctly applied to site 1\2 or both sites depending on the user selection in the dialog.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date February 8, 2021
- Added "Import Base Station Text File" operation. Found under the Site List Import menu.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date January 28, 2021
- Implemented safeguards when saving options stings that may contain control characters (commas, quotes, etc.).
- Added atmospheric absorption loss to local and area study RX Signal results.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date November 23, 2020
- Area Study: Change to allow an unlimited number of points in polygon shape definition.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date November 13, 2020
- Fixed bug that caused certain rain files to be read incorrectly.
- Fixed crash when viewing interference error log.
- Added option to always display ACM links in either 'Detailed' or 'Modulation Table' format. Setting is found under Options - Program Options in the Transmission report format - Adaptive modulation section.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date September 16, 2020
- Fixed control panel sizing issues for certain displays (Diffraction Variable, Multipath Analysis)
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date August 21, 2020
- Added ACU Configuration and Circulator Loss as header options during link text import.
- Minor fixes and corrections.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date June 23, 2020
- Some changes to language and UI
- Improvements to how radio and antenna filter is applied in the index.
- Added model as option for filtering radio or antenna index.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date June 10, 2020
- Create point to point links - Limit number of links per site UI reconfigured.
- Added CSV export II option for Annual Rain + 1 Way Multipath. Found under the "Time Below Level" Category.
- Minor bug fixes.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date May 20, 2020
- Groups Add On Condition: Cross-pol operation enabled can now be used as a condition to add links to a group.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date May 8, 2020
- Added ability to read height data for planet style vector formats. The file containing the heights is defined as a coulumn when importing the index. Then set the building height field to that filename.
- Small fix to "Keep Best" style rejection criteria.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date April 1, 2020
- Updated handling of NSMA antenna data files to correctly handle discrimination patterns defined in absolute units of DBI or DBD
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date February 28, 2020
- Added Function to convert from ANS format to PL5
- Added option to use NLCD 2016 dataset. Data files must be downloaded using the FetchSRTM tool.
- Fix to antenna discrimination to allow azimuth curves to be used in place of elevation curves for aperture antennas.
- Correction to Transmission analysis module adaptive modulation results table, Site 2 rain availability column was displaying the Site 1 results.
- Minor bug fixes, UI layout and language changes.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date October 16, 2019
Correction to AntRad: Cross-polarized antenna patterns were being normalized to zero in error.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date September 4, 2019
- Added support for MSI antenna files in the AntRad program
- Fixed major local study crash when using some ACM radios.
- AntRad better deals with antenna discrimination patterns that include the antenna gain.
- Updated handling of vertical antenna patterns and mechanical downtilt.
- Groups are now sorted alphabetically by name after exiting the group management dialog box.
- Site names and other strings now use case sensitive compare when checking if update or sync is necessary.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date August 8, 2019
- Fix for reading certain elevation antenna patters that may not have applied electrical down-tilt properly.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date July 18, 2019
- Interference case detail report formatting fix or OHLOSS threshold degradation.
- Fixed some missing max EIRP values
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date April 17, 2019
- Fixed potential interference crash.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date April 10, 2019
- Base Station - Calculate Tilt. Small utility that will calculate the average downtilt from a base station to all subscribers in a sector. The calculation is an average of each downtilt multiplied by the cosine of the difference between the link azimuth and the base station azimuth.
- Small crash fixes.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date March 4, 2019
- Rework to adaptive modulation calculations so that calculated values for the reference state are used for operations such as interference, co-channel operation, etc.
- Small fix to edit modify csv report that was not showing the correct sector number.
- Minor bug fixes
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date December 5, 2018
- Adaptive modulation table not has a column for Minimum CtoI
- A number of minor bug fixes.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date August 7, 2018
- Added total overall outage to time below level Performance Report
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date July 26, 2018
- Corrected Area Study CtoI display that could be incorrect depending on the shape of the area.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date July 16, 2018
- Interference calculation could fail to select a TX_EMISSION curve when analyzing Adaptive Modulation vs. Static Modulation cases.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date June 19, 2018
- Fixed problem when importing radio curves from text files that could cause duplicate entries on one side of the curve.
- Memory leak fixes.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date June 12, 2018
Fixed crash when reading some terrain data. This would mostly manifest during large local area studies or large interference studies.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date June 1, 2018
- Interference crash bug fix.
- Negative fade margin can now be used for Design links rejection criteria.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date May 30, 2018
- XPIF value can now be edited in ACM links if there are no XPIF values in the radio file. Previously, in ACM operation, XPIF values from the radio file were used exclusively. User editing of the value in the pl5 file was not allowed. Now, if there are no XPIF values in the radio file (or they are the same for every modulation state) the user can edit the XPIF value from the CoChannel worksheet in transmission analysis. The value entered in this worksheet will be applied to all modulation states.
- The recommended method is still to add the XPIF values to the radio file so that they will be available for any new link the radio is used on. This is also the only way to get different XPIF values for each modulation state. The XPIF value is the far right column in the adaptive modulation section in AntRad.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date April 23, 2018
- Fixed problem where the wrong value could be displayed for diversity Fixed Height clearance criteria.
- Plugged memory leak regarding print profile.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date April 16, 2018
- Fixed interference crash that could occur if a link window was open.
- Negative values for fade margin now allowed for Add Links to Group on Condition.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date April 9, 2018
- Fixed NLCD Alaska clutter profile generation.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date April 4, 2018
- Bug fix to vector building profile generation that could cause file corruption.
- Added precision to frequency table when viewing Radio curves in AntRad.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date March 23, 2018
- Can now set the vertical units (meters or feet) for vectors that have height information. Open vector file index and double click height units column.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date March 13, 2018
- Pathloss was failing to read some DEM files if the data was in a projection using US survey feet and the display was set to a rectangular projection.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date March 7, 2018
- In some adaptive modulation radios, the calculated RX selectivity mask was being used for interference calculations even if the correct selectivity curve existed.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date February 20, 2018
- Added back support for different powers at each end of an ACM link. Use the TR button and select the single site radio button. Number of states and reference state are always the same at both sides.
- Fixed XYZ dem index problem. Edges were off by half a cell size.
- Added custom CSV report field for generating part number specific to certain radios.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date January 31, 2018
- Fixed issue where the shared use Message Box when left open could prevent network from getting changes.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date January 25, 2018
- Antenna heights could be converted incorrectly when computing OHLOSS in interference calc if system is set to Miles/Feet.
- Site and Link list "Create group" menu item now has the option to "remove from existing group".
- MessageBox that is shown after joining shared use network was preventing other users from joining while it was displayed.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date January 18, 2018
- Mechanical downtilt for sector antennas was not being correctly interpreted in local studies.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date January 16, 2018
- Vertical antenna discrimination was not being fully accounted for in local study calculations.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date December 20, 2017
- Negative fade margins were not being allowed as rejection criteria in link design dialog.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date December 15, 2017
- Fixed disabled antenna lookup button
- XYZ dem converter added multi-select.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date December 13, 2017
- Edit Modify links now has the option to retain the link color legend.
- Fix to some message boxes not sizing properly to display long filenames.
- Update to XYZ dem reader / converter to handle more format styles.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date November 15, 2017
- Fix for importing large numbers of PL5 files.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date November 6, 2017
- Fixed potential crash when running interference studies involving .pl4 files.
- Added support for SQL Server in ODBC MDB operations.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date September 22, 2017
- Updated FCC max EIRP values and removed EIRP minimum path length for ISM bands.
- Added Rudimentary for support for ASCII XYZ style DEMs in regular rows and columns
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date September 19, 2017
- Fix to AntRad create_rxselectivity_calc
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date August 17, 2017
- Fix problem with Area and Local study throughput display criteria that could cause a crash.
- Path parameters for each leg of a passive link are now displayed correctly when clicking on the path profile in Transmission Analysis
- Small crash fix regarding long antenna codes.
- The Transmission Detail Report for adaptive modulation radios now displays the space, frequency, and quad diversity improvement factors that apply to the reference state.
- Print notes now works for Transmission Detail, Transmission Summary and Composite reports.
- Fixed Empirical Studies bug that could show polygon extending to the corner of the screen on some terrains.
- Removed (OFDM) Language
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date July 18, 2017
- Minor memory overrun fix.
- Diffraction loss with single obstruction near site 2 wasn't using the proper near field calculation.
- .pl5 files deleted from network display sent to recycle bin if possible.
- Fixed Interference case detail report crash.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date June 12, 2017
- Opening a Pathloss 5.0 adaptive modulation file in Pathloss 5.1 could incorrectly set the reference state in some cases.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date June 1, 2017
- Opening a Pathloss 5.0 adaptive modulation file in Pathloss 5.1 could incorrectly set the reference state in some cases.
- Fixed crash when creating 'receive at base station' local study using adaptive modulation.
- Fixed Typos.
- Pl40 Export - Use TX Channels is now set properly.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date April 18, 2017
- Fixed LOS_status thematic worksheet display problem.
- Vertical antenna discrimination is now used in interference calculations if the antenna file has all 8 patterns defined.
- Base station antenna heights in interference calculation could have been incorrect if the system was set to metric.
- Small fix to rtf report generation.
- Equipment index now warn about duplicate imports and check filter settings
- Adaptive radios now correctly sets the effective rx threshold if modulation states are committed. Each modulation state should be represented only once in each radio file
- FCC channel tables added to the equipmnt\freqplan directory
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date February 15, 2017
- Fixed bug that was causing inconsistent results on interference calculations.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date February 1, 2017
- Fixed problems access ACU data in radio files from the ACU worksheet in transmission analysis.
- Fixed interference problem where OHLOSS profile would not complete over certain elevation DEMs.
- Modulation states and now be toggled off and on in PTMP links by clicking the TR button. (Radio needs to be re-imported from index first.)
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date January 16, 2017
- Fixed issue where the "TR" Button would not work after loading some microwave radios.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date January 13, 2017
- Rain Unavailability in Minutes was incorrectly displayed for this configuration: ACM radio - summary display for all modulation states - worst month SES
- Pathloss 5 Link Standalone toolbar button fixed.
- Some context help buttons were not linking to the topics automatically.
- Optimize interference worksheet fix (take two)
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date January 9, 2017
- Better handling when reading radio data files curve formats.
- Buttons were not functioning in the Optimize interference worksheet (Right click on a site and select Interference)
- Fixed potential crash in autolink csv reports if there are very large values for certain site properties such as tower height.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date November 30, 2016
- 5.0 ACM user entered powers are now maintained when opened in Pathloss 5.1
- Field margin in land mobile application was incorrectly displaying the site 2 field margin.
- Fixed bug in summary and detail reports that was incorrectly had the heading EIRP (should be ERP) when frequency was below 890 Mhz.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date November 9, 2016
- Modified behavior when adding radio from index to worksheet. Different adaptive modulation radios can now be assigned at each end of a PTMP link. (PTP adaptive modulation links require the same radios on each end.)
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date November 2, 2016
- In the transmission analysis module, a value of 0 could be entered for frequency that would cause an erroneous improvement.
- Fixed crash in CtoI Area study when site were removed from the study by using the site list check boxes or by deleting base station.
- View study details for CtoI area studies now shows all receive signals included in study for each cell.
- Main windows were not sizing correctly on start up.
- Minor fixes to language
- Adaptive modulation links will now calculate free space and atmospheric absorption loss without needing to enter a radio code
- Additional checks are performed when creating a passive to ensure all requirements are met.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date October 4, 2016
- Option to convert from 5.1 to 5.0 file format. Click "Operations - Convert .pl5 files to .pl4" to see this option. Converted files will be placed in a subfolder called \50Format.
- Fixed bug with PostgreSQL ODBC connector
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date September 15, 2016
- Antrad was crashing when opening files with long, but valid filenames.
- Convert .pl5 to .pl4 files was crashing if certain fields were too long - these are now truncated.
- When clicking the (A) button in the channel table to add ATPC from the radio file: The max ATPC is read from the ATPC_OPTIONS_DB field - NOT the "ATPC Top" figure in the modulation table.
- Link text import was not loading antenna data when a code was supplied for antenna 2 (space diversity)
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date September 6, 2016
Fixed a bug that could cause a program crash when manually entering threshold degradation in transmission analysis worksheet.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date August 25, 2016
- Create point to point links: The "To group" is now used when connecting to nearest number of sites.
- Certain combinations of TX emission and RX selectivity curves in radio data files could intermittently produce a floating point exception on some computers. This resulted in a large filter improvement and effectively removed the interference case
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date August 18, 2016
- ATPC power reduction assignment when using a required receive signal value was calculated using the lowest modulation state data when it should have used the highest.
- Changing the reference power when using ETSI operation could be applied incorrectly to the other modulation states.
- Fixed crash when clicking Files - New in Pathloss Link while in a module that requires a profile.
- Changing the power option in the radio configuration dialog now resets the user powers.
- Changing the antenna in the antenna worksheet and then canceling out, not all calculations were reset to the original antenna.
- CSV Link report 1 Column alignment problem when exporting adaptive modulation files with the show summary for all states option.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date July 18, 2016
- Shared Operation update window waits until program idle to request network synchronization.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date July 6, 2016
- Fixed problem in handling some radio files where radio_type field could cause a buffer overrun.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date June 30, 2016
- Local study azimuth fix
- Fixed potential interference calculation problem when using a very specific frequency separation.
- GIS file is not removed when loading a new link file with matching datum parameters.
- AntRad version 4 radio curves edit window was not showing the dialog bar at the top.
- Add to group functionality returned to "Import Pathloss data file" dialog box.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date June 15, 2016
- Change to over building diffraction loss calculation - revert to previous method.
- Local study was incorrectly determining azimuth for some antenna patterns.
- For ACM radios, a User Power can be set for all modulation states (ANSI and ETSI) during radio import or by clicking the TR button.
- Fixed crash when clicking ACU import index button in ACU worksheet.
- Fixed crash in CSV Link export 2 when exporting adaptive modulation columns on non-adaptive links.
- Fixed format problem for channel #12 export information.
- Improved handling of floating lock license release.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date June 3, 2016
- Import Pathloss data file bug fix.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date June 2, 2016
- Added the option to copy detailed, per radial, HAAT information. This is done in the HAAT calculation in the Pathloss 5 Link Site Data dialog box.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date May 27, 2016
- Fixed problem when importing some radios that could set the power level to 0
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date May 26, 2016
- Fixed bug in interference calculation. When calculating interference between overlapping groups or selections, some space diversity or XPIC cases were not reported.
- Pathloss Link window now closes automatically when opening a new network for shared use.
- When setting groups visibility there is the option to use an exclusive mode. In this case links will not be shown if the site on either end is not shown.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date May 18, 2016
- Pathloss now saves manual changes to the reference state power in adaptive modulation radio links.
- Fixed bug in AntRad that would cause a crash when saving conventional Microwave radio in ASCII format.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date May 9, 2016
- Corrected bug that could cause a crash if Obstruction fading routine was run on an adaptive modulation path showing detailed reference state information.
- Corrected bug where CSV Link report II would output identical rows for every leg of a passive repeater link.
- Change to Antrad that can read 5.0 raf files with modulation states starting on rows other than one.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date May 2, 2016
- Fixed problem with DEMS that use US State Plane Projections in feet or US survey feet.
- The Pathloss license server now resides on an amazon server. You may need to update your firewall settings after applying this update. Contact CTE for details.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date April 25, 2016
- Removed small utility init_flo.exe which was generating false positives in some anti-virus software.
- Fixed bug that was preventing ETSI power levels from being limited to the reference modulation power.
- Transmission Analysis window drawing were not showing the correct figures for the reference state. (adaptive modulation)
- Fixed bug that prevented DTED data from being loaded.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date April 19, 2016
Major bug fix that would cause a program crash during activation if a connection to the license server was not available.
This correction required a full uninstall and reinstall.
Pathloss 5.1 - revision date April 18, 2016
- Fixed transmission detail and summary report problem that would not correctly display the channels frequency and ID's
- Added descriptive fields to Google Earth export: Azimuth, TX Channel ID, TX Power, RX Threshold, Link Type, Link Status, LoS Status, Site Coordinates, Site Type, Site Status and Tower Type.
- Manually entered path lengths in PL50 link are preserved after saving and loading.
- Availability rejection criteria for auto link design now appears for adaptive modulation regardless of display setting.
Pathloss 5.1 - release date March 31, 2016
Release of Pathloss 5.1
- New development platform.
- Dynamic number of modulation states for adaptive modulation radios (unlimited number)
- Dynamic number of radio configurations (unlimited number)
- Improved transmission display options for adaptive modulation radios.
- Whole program memory management and stability improvements.
- Option to delete .pl5 file when deleting links from network display restored.
- Fixed possibility of crash on very specific path geometries that could occur when generating large studies.
- Blank site list elevations are update automatically after generate profile operation. (No Data Discrepancy dialog.)